The college has a modern general library with a robust collection of over 181115 volumes of books in 51917 titles on many disciplines covering all major fields of Science, Humanities, and Management. Besides the general library, each department has its own library, containing a major portion of the collection of books. The Library subscribes to about 288 periodicals which include national & international journals, and magazines subscribed by various departments. Many English, Tamil and Malayalam daily newspapers are also subscribed for the enlightenment of both staff and students.
The working methodology of Library such as acquisition of books, circulation control, cataloguing and serials control have been automated using an integrated software. Open access system is implemented in the library.
A modern digital library network with a high speed internet access is also housed in the premises. Reprographic facilities with printer & CD writer are made available for the beneficiaries. Separate sections for Reference Material, Book Bank, Periodicals, and Project Reports are provided for easy access.
|No. of Volumes in the General Library||35540|
|No. of Titles in the General Library||9058|
|No. of Volumes in the Department Libraries||145575|
|No. of Titles in the Department Libraries||42859|
|No. of National Journals||123|
|No. of International Journals||48|
No. of Tamil Newspapers
|No. of English Newspapers||6|
|No. of Malayalam Newspapers||2|
|No. of Tamil Magazines||44|
|No. of English Magazines||72|
|No. of Malayalam Magazines||1|
|No. of Back Volumes of Journals||7500|
|No. of Books in the Book Bank||3000|
Library Working Hours
|On Working Days||08.30 a.m To 06.30 p.m|
|On Holidays (Except Sunday, Govt.Holidays)||09.30 a.m To 04.00 p.m|
Rules & Regulations
- All the students of the College are the members of the library.
- All the students can be access the books in Open Access System.
- Students are entitled, subject to the rules herein mentioned, to keep a book for a fortnight from the date of issue. If the book is not returned on or before the due date, a fine of Re.1 per day including holidays will be levied. The student will not be allowed to use the library till fine is paid and the book returned. Books due on holidays may be returned without fine on the working day immediately following the holidays. Books borrowed for the vacation should be returned within three working days after the reopening of the college. Otherwise the usual fine will collected.
- No one is allowed to sub-lend the books taken out by him.
- On receiving a book, Students must examine and report to the Librarian any damage found therein. Otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage that may be detected afterwards.
- A book returned to the Library should contain a return slip showing the roll number of the student returning and the catalogue number of the books.
- Absence from the college will not ordinarily be admitted as an excuse for delay in the return of the books.
- All payments including fine towards the library shall be paid at the college office and the receipt must be shown to the librarian.
- The Librarian may recall any book at any time.
- Strict silence should be observed in the reading room.
- Without previous notice, Students may call for books which are marked “Reference” or a “Periodical” for consultation which will not be lent out.
- All Foreign and Indian Magazines and Newspapers will be displayed for perusal in the reading room.
Books in the Department Library
|8||CIVIL SERVICE STUDY CENTRE||114||110|
|22||NUTRITION & DIETETICS||559||442|
information to be updated soon