Department of Social Work
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Social Work was established in the year of 2006, with the Post
Graduation in Social Work (MSW) which offers three Specializations namely Human
Resource Management(HRM), Medical & Psychiatry(M&P) and Community Development(CD). We
also offer research degree of M. Phil., affiliated to Bharathidasan University,
Tiruchirappalli. The Department has to its credit 16 years of dedicated service
and we continue our journey towards reaching the un-reached. The field work practicum
is an integral part of Social work education which enhances the competencies in
the areas of foundation, concentration, specialization, integrate social work
knowledge, values and skills leading to autonomous practices. Our Faculty
members have specialized in Soft Skill and Life Skills Training, Women
Empowerment, Mental Health, Human Rights, Human Resource Development and
Consultancy Services. We are unique in Community outreach programmes and
community based researches pertaining to the social problems and issues.
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil)
- Certificate Course on Human Psychology
- Diploma Course on Human Psychology
- Enhancing the skills and qualities of the students to serve the Human mankind with commitment.
- The Department is working with the Mission of Providing Good and Quality Professional Social Work Education.
- The Department is working for the Development of Social Consciousness among students and enables them to contribute for societal building.
“To Serve with Humanity”
- To strengthen and enhance the skills of students through capacity building.
- To enrich leadership quality in students.
promote the well-being of individuals, families, groups and communities.
promote social justice through teaching, research, and service.
- Medical and Psychiatry (M&P)
- Community Development (CD)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
Highlights of the Department
- Regular Community Awareness Programmes on social issues.
- Individual intervention and Group intervention are promoted among the students for the benefit of the individual and families of the community.
- Exclusive Computer Lab facility for Students.
- Counselling Service are provided through Students Counselling Center.
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) (2019) Cell has been initiated for Extension services.
- International, National & State Level Conferences, Seminars & Workshops are organised to broaden the horizon of the students.
- Securing University Rank regularly by our students.
VALUE ADDED COURSES
|1||Anatomy and Physiology of Brain - Mental Health||Mr.M.RAJALINGAM, Asst.Prof of Social Work||View/Download|