PART V EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
Anti-Dowry AssociationView Anti-Dowry Association Updates
The Anti-Dowry association aims at abolishing the practice of getting dowry for marriage.
- 1. To encourage the youth to abstain from getting dowry at the time of their marriage.
- 2. To create awareness among the youth on the menaces of dowry system by organizing conferences, seminars and group discussions.
- 3. To provide legal, psycho-social and emotional support to the innocent persons who are affected by malicious implications of dowry.
- 4. To provide legal aid to the families of weaker and the needy
- 5. To provide counselling to separated parents due to dowry issues
Citizen Consumer ClubView Citizen Consumer Club Updates
The citizen consumer club aims at instilling the spirit of the protection of consumer rights and to strengthen the activities of the consumer movements.
- 1. To enable the students to understand the fundamental rights and duties of a citizen.
- 2. To impart knowledge on the provisions and statutes concerning the protection of consumer rights by the way to create awareness from getting exploited.
- 3. To train the consumers in checking the product standard and product qualityso as to get their money’s worth.
- 4. To make consumers aware of the fact that the market is buyer oriented and to fight for justice and welfare.
- 5. To enable children, students and self-help groups to work together as a team in association with responsible communities for the protection of consumer rights.
- 6. To spread awareness on the rights and responsibilities of citizens and consumers as provided in the constitution of Indian consumer protection Act, 1986 and other Indian laws.
Exnora ClubView Exnora Updates
The word "EXNORA" is derived from Excellent, Novel and Radical ideas in solving environmental problems by creating awareness on environmental issues, pollution and its degradation.
- 1. To work towards creating a safe environment and to learn about the causes of its deterioration.
- 2. To createawareness on Global Warming, plastic free environment and imparting knowledge on waste management.
- 3. To conduct programmes explaining the benefits of recycling, conservation of natural resources and sources of renewable energy.
- 4. To promote green cleaning process for a safe and healthy ecosystem.
- 5. To encourage the students and the public to promote afforestation and plantation of saplings.
Fine Arts AssociationView Fine Arts Association Updates
The fine arts association provides opportunities for the students with a view to helping them explore their talents in quiz, debate, dance, music and other cultural activities.
- 1. To provide a platform for the students to exhibit their talents,to develop their skills in teamwork, co-ordination and competitiveness.
- 2. To conduct workshops and exhibitions to encourage the students to showcase their aesthetic knowledge, imagination andentertaining skills.
- 3. To incorporate a sense of joy among the fellow students by involving them in music composition, singing, dancing and other talents.
- 4. To enhance their imagination and enable the students topersevere for greater achievements.
Gender ClubView Gender Club Updates
Gender Club endeavors to eradicate gender imbalances in the society and addresses the issues related to gender problems.
- 1. To sensitize the students to work against gender discrimination, harassment of women and other societal problems.
- 2. To provide opportunities to the students to offer innovative servicesto change the mindset of citizens on gender issues.
- 3. To reduce gender inequalities in employment and providing social protection for working womenand to strengthen their professional advancement.
- 4. To create awareness among the younger generation on various gender issues that prevail in our society.
Helping HeartsView Helping Hearts Updates
This club aims at helping the orphans, senior citizens, visually challenged people, physically challenged students and people with medical and educationalneeds.
- 1. To help orphanages by providing financial and moral support.
- 2. To visit old age homes and blind homes regularly to fulfil their needs.
- 3. To conduct cultural and sports events for physically challenged students.
- 4. To guide the patients and assist their care takers in gettingadmitted in the Government Hospital, Tiruchirappalli.
- 5. To offer financial help to fellow students who are inneed of support for their education related expenditures.
Leo ClubView Leo Club Updates
LEO is derived from leadership, experience, opportunities. LEO clubs encourage the youth to develop leadership qualities by participating in social service activities.
- 1. To develop leadership and gather experience through services to the community.
- 2. To provide the youth an opportunity for development and contribution, individually and collectively as responsible members of the local society , nation and international community.
- 3. To develop dedication, positive attitude and commitment towards the social work and enable them to achieve it, for social well-being.
- 4. To insist the importance of blood donation among the youth for the noble cause of saving lives at crucial times.
National Caded CorpsView NCC Updates
The main motto of the NCC units of our College is to develop unity and discipline. The national cadet corps is a voluntary organization, engaging the youth of the country so as to transform them into disciplined and patriotic citizens.
- 1. To develop discipline, hard work, confidence, honesty, character and comradeship among the cadets.
- 2. To mould the cadets as responsible and disciplined citizen of our nation and to undertake positive community service in the spirit of selflessness and concern for our fellow citizens.
- 3. To make the cadets learn leadership qualities, and instill in thempatriotismto strengthen their spirit of being an Indians.
- 4. To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in various defence and uniformed services of our nation.
- 5. To conduct youth capacity-building programmes for empowerment, development and humanitarian services.
National Service SchemeView NSS Updates
Motto : The Motto of NSS “Not Me But You”, reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service.
- 1. To understand the volunteers' relation with their community.
- 2. To utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- 3. To develop competence required for harmonious living and sharing of responsibilities.
- 4. To gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- 5. To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and practice national integration and social harmony.
Red Ribbon ClubView RRC Updates
The Red Ribbon Club creates an awareness on HIV & AIDS and motivates students to understand its preventive measures.
- 1. To inculcate morality among the youth.
- 2. To create awareness among the public on HIV & AIDS.
- 3. To motivate the youth to help and support people living with HIV/AIDS there by reducing stigma and discrimination against them.
- 4. To encourage the public for donating blood to the needy.
Rotaract ClubView Rotaract Club Updates
The Rotaract Club concentrates on promoting leadership qualities.
- 1. To provide opportunities to the youth to enhance the knowledge and leadership skills that enable them to develop their personality.
- 2. To identify the physical and social needs and promote better relations among the people to participate in building a better society.
- 3. To make the students respectthe rights of others, and to strive for ethical values and dignity of the fellow human beings.
- 4. To create an awareness among the public in preventing vision impairment and importance of eye donation.
Thanneer Sutru Choolal Maanavar Mandram
- 1. To create awareness among the public on the importance of water resources management.
- 2. To train the students in establishing rainwater pits and other methods of rain water harvesting and implement them through field visit.
- 3. To preserve water resources in Tiruchirappalli district in collaboration with the city municipal corporation and the village panchayaths.
- 4. To plant saplings for avoiding soil erosion.
- 5. To maintain the college as a plastic free campus.
Youth Red CrossView YRC Updates
The Youth Red Cross is a voluntary humanitarian organization which provides relief at times of disasters and emergencies, andpromotes health care of the people.
- 1. To promote health, hygiene, sanitation and educate the members of community about the prevention of diseases and mitigation of suffering.
- 2. To train the youth on disaster management so as to render quality service to the needy.
- 3. To develop co-operation between the donors and the needy in social welfare activities.
- 4. To enhance humanity, voluntary service and unity among the youth.
JamcropView Jamcrop Updates
Jamal Mohamed College Community Reach out Programme (JAMCROP) builds a healthy relationship between the College and the society by adopting villages and providing facilities there.
- 1. To enhance the quality of life of the villagers by extending academic, social, economic and cultural developments.
- 2. To motivate the students to take surveys on the needs of the people in their surroundings and take follow up steps.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA)
The Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) Cell was created in our campus in the year 2019 with the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India. The Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) is a flagship program of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, with the intention to enrich rural India and the UBA cell of our college is functioning as an associate with Tamil Nadu Agriculture University (TNAU), Coimbatore as State Co-ordinating Agency and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi as National Co-ordinating Agency. The UBA cell aims to create a vibrant relationship between the students and the society (i.e. Lab to Land as per UGC guidelines), with the latter providing the knowledge and technology support to improve the livelihoods in rural areas of Olaiyur, Gundur, Nagamangalam(CT), Punnampalayam and Mannachanullur. In this process the students would be re-oriented and connected to the rural realities.
Drug Abolishers Association / UGC- Say No To Drugs Scheme
The Drug Abolishers Association was established in our campus in the year 2020 with the motto “SAY NO TO DRUGS” to confront the problems due to drug usage among youngsters. The objective of the association is to bring awareness among the youngsters on causes and consequences of drug use and addiction and to apply that knowledge to improve individual and public health. The association is functioning as an associate with Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India in addressing the drug menace. This student body acts as an early warning system in case of any misuse/abuse of drugs, through regular awareness programmes, constant communication, counseling and continued support to instill self-confidence and self-belief in such students.