Department of Mathematics
To assist students in acquiring a conceptual understanding of the nature and structure of Mathematics, its processes and applications.
To provide quality Mathematical course work which supports and enhances all programmes at the College.
PROFILE OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of the Mathematics is one of the oldest departments which maintain a good record of service from its inception in 1951 the year in which the institution was established. B.Sc and M.Sc. Mathematics Programmes were started in 1957 and 1963 respectively. The department was elevated into a research department in the year 2002 by offering M.Phil (Full Time & Part Time) and Ph.D. (Full Time & Part Time) Programmes. B.Sc. Mathematics (Self Financing Section) was started for Women in 2003 and M.Sc. Mathematics (Self Financing Section) was started for Women and Men in 2005 and 2010 respectively.
In the year 2008, the department was Nationally Identified as a Department with Potential for award of FIST Grant by the Ministry of Science and Technology of Government of India.
The department feels proud of having highly qualified faculty members actively engaged in Teaching, Research, Continuing education programmes and Consultancy. In the last Twelve years, the members of the department have written 10 books, 52 research scholars were awarded Ph.D. Degrees, Published more than 502 research papers in National and International Journal and presented many research papers in National and International Conferences.
- DST-FIST Sponsored Department (2009-2014) : Total Grants received 13 Lakhs
- 53 Ph.Ds Awarded (From 2002 to 2016)
- Department Library with 8042 Books
- CSIR / NET Coaching Class (initiated in 2016)
- VIPNET – Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Club (affiliated to Vigyan Prasar Network of Science Clubs, DST-Government of India) (established in 2016)
- Ramanujan Centre for Mathematic Excellence (established in 2017)
THRUST AREAS OF RESEARCH
- Fuzzy Graphs
- Fuzzy Groups
- Fuzzy Optimization
- Graph Theory
- Mathematical Modelling
- Network Optimization
- Operations Research
- Stochastic Process
- No. of Books Published : 10
- Papers Published in National and International Journals more than 502
- Presented many research papers in Conferences and Seminars
- No. of UGC Minor Research Projects completed: 6
- International Conferences organized: 3
- Regularly organizing Conferences / Seminars / Workshops
- Staff members are acting as reviewers of National / International Journals
- Our students have won many shields for overall first position in Inter-Collegiate Competitions
- Our students attended advanced learning programmes in Mathematics organized by NBHM
- Publishing Mathmation Magazine (started in 2013)
- Remedial Classes by Research Scholars (Student Faculty) (started in 2016)
- Advanced Learners Forum: Students are encouraged to participate in the Seminars / Competitions by the Senior Students. (initiated in 2016)
- Organized Inter-Department Competition (Maths- Intelligentsia) (initiated in 2017)
- State Level Inter-Collegiate Meet – JAMATICS- Annual Events
- Mathematics Association organizing Special Lecture Programmes
- Our students actively participating in Co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities
- Online Competitive Examination Software
- Lectures through web NPTEL-Web and Video Courses
SORRY NO UPDATES !
|2002||M.Phil. & Ph.D. Mathematics||Self Finance||As per availability of Research Advisors|
|2003||B.Sc. Mathematics (Addl.Sec-I)||Self Finance (Women)||60|
|2005||M.Sc. Mathematics (Addl.Sec-I)||Self Finance (Women)||35|
|2009||B.Sc. Mathematics (Addl.Sec-II)||Self Finance (Women)||60|
|2009||UGC Sponsored COP–E-Mathematical Tools||Self Finance||60|
|2010||M.Sc. Mathematics (Addl.Sec-II)||Self Finance (Men)||35|
|2015||B.Sc. Mathematics (Addl.Sec-III)||Self Finance (Women)||60|
|Programme||No of Sections||Syllabus||Commencement of the Programme|
|B.Sc||-||2011 2014 2017||1957|
|M.Sc||-||2011 2014 2017||1963|
|M.Phil||-||2011 2014 2017||2002|
|Career Oriented Programmes (COP)||2014 2017|
VALUE ADDED COURSES
SORRY NO UPDATES !